Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Already better then last year-a few pics from mammoth
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #88 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
Hah, sorry. About 6-8 inches on the ground this morning.

The Good: Barely anyone on the mountain. Tons of fresh tracks. I spent most of my time on 5 and 3 - both were great.

The bad: Snow is really really wet and heavy. Snowing on the mountain and raining in town. Temps are right around 32 so it's relatively warm. Given the temps, it's really wet out there - jacket and gloves were soaked. Visability was ok in the morning but got pretty bad by noon - snowy and foggy mid-mountain (3, 5, etc). Visability at the base is fine. Top did not open as of noon, and neither was 23.

I got some nice fresh tracks in the morning and turned in by noon.
thank you sir! Ah, face of five is fucking rad on a pow day, oh hell everything off chair 5 rocks when filled with pow. Wait, is anything not rad when filled with pow? I think not.

I will break out my brand new day glo green Gore Tex pataguccis! Ive been dying to wear them-- bought them half price about a month ago. And rock the new bindings. OMG SO EXCITED!!! I am going to be a visual train wreck as nothing I own matches those pants

So who is gonna be making pow turns on mon-tue?

Wangta, you got my number? Anyone else, PM me. I don't want ride alone ALL DAY for two days but I will if i have to