Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board question about the camber/rocker combinations out there
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Planet Boulder
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post

I stand corrected! Yeah, that's an interesting one...
My situation was VERY similar to that of the original poster in a lot ways. I started out wanting to ape my old, stiff Ride Timeless with trad camber because, well, it was all I ever knew. For whatever reason, I ultimately decided on two boards: the Forum Destroyer Doubledog (like above) and a Rossi Jibsaw (rocker under the feet).

I've been alternating between the two, but I've mostly stuck with the Forum because it does not wash out like the Jibsaw does (and the conditions being shitty this season, there has been NO powder where I ride, making the Forum a more logical choice anyway).

I've been REALLY happy with the Doubledog profile. In the instances in which I'm not trying to slide down hard-packed, icy runs, the Jibsaw has been great as well (especially in the chop).

I'd recommend trying out a Destroyer DDG, if at all possible. Yes, it's a true twin Freestyle board, but I go pretty fast and it doesn't get squirrely. This being the last year of Forum, I don't know if they bother demoing anymore, but you might be able to pick up a 2012 somewhere for cheap (like I did).

Last edited by Planet Boulder; 01-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Planet Boulder is online now   Reply With Quote