Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Problem With Rome 390 Boss
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I had the same problem with the static side popping off and releasing my feet. This happened while landing from a jump, scared the shit out of me upon landing and could have been very serious. I still get worried when going off a jump, I suppose I shouldn't risk it... I had both feet pop out on a flat 180, literally on my first or second run on the bindings. It's happened about 7 times now. I can go weeks without a problem, then have it occur a few times in one week. I've been super careful, my buddies and eye kept a close eye and there's nothing catching onto the latch. We're very certain the latches have been popping upon landings.

Make sure you contact Rome. I told them about the issue and they told me they never heard of that problem.. but when I did some searching I was able to find plenty of people with the same issue.

I eventually lost one of my straps (the most problematic side), which Carl replaced. I had white 390's with a white buckle, he sent me black straps with black buckle.. which lowers the value of the bindings for when I sell them. Not a huge deal, but it would of been nice if he at least tried matching it with what I had. I spoke to someone else at Rome who said they always try matching... so I'm not sure what happened then.

Anyway, I had another issue with my foot bed that I was willing to pay to fix, it wasn't a warranty issue and a fault of a friend of mine, but the guy on the phone told me to contact Carl anyway. So I sent him an email and he hasn't gotten back to me since.

Rome seems like a good group of guys, but I think this might be my last product from them. I'm just hoping my other strap doesn't randomly pop open.

Sorry about the rant.. my point was to contact Carl about the issue of your bindings popping, because I believe it was him who said he never heard of the issue.

Last edited by tdn; 01-24-2013 at 10:13 PM.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote