Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #103 (permalink)
jennifer

Thanks so much for the continued replies and suggestions.

When we went up last weekend a few things did click for me. I did not helicopter spin once. Everytime I started to feel the board slip like it was going to happen I took a second to force myself to take the weight off my back foot and on to the front, stopped the problem immediatly. I also didn't catch any edges. I did still fall....a lot.

I was very thankfull that I was wise enough to get a helmet. It was the first day I used it. One fall was pretty nasty. Helmet took a beating. Even with the helmet on I was dizzy for a moment and had a headache most of the day. Seriously.....if any new people are reading this, invest in a helmet.

At the end of the day I was tired and my body really hurt. I was not really feeling it. But I stupidly decided that I was going to make one more attempt. Fell and almost busted my arm. I realized half way down that it was a stupid idea. Now I know that if I am just not feeling it or my body is telling me to stop that it is ok to just call it a day...better that then hurting myself.

I am working on speed control. That is where my concern is at the moment. I still feel like I dont have my speed under control, and that I can not stop when I want to.

Not sure if we will be heading up to the resort this weekend or not. We are headed to Tahoe next weekend, will be spending at some time at Sierra (our season passes here get us 10 free days at Sierra) My husband and doctor both think taking a break this weekend would be a good idea. But I am eager to get back up there and keep working on it. We will see.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote