Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new All Mountain setup??
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
mtnbike16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new All Mountain setup??

Im looking for a new setup. Ive had my old board for about 6 years now (a Rossignol, but i cant remember the name of it), so its looking pretty beat up and its time for a new one. I have never been much into the tech side of snowboarding, so the last couple of days have been eye opening as I try to make sense of different company's technologies. Ive done some research, and I believe I am looking for a cambered or alternative cambered Freeride board.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs
Location: I live in the northeast and get about 20 days of riding a year, plus a weekend or 2 out west.
Budget: <650 for a deck, <250 for bindings
Riding Experience: 10 years of riding
Riding style: I like riding aggressively and tree skiing is my favorite. I rarely go to the park, but i dont mind doing small-medium jumps but not much spinning, and the occasional rail and box. I also love steeps and going fast as possible. I prefer mid-flex to stiff boards, that can really hold a good carve even in very packed and icy conditions, and have quick turning ability.

I was looking at these boards, and was wondering what the general consensus was or if there were any other suggestions. I probably wont get a chance to demo any, as I want to order soon since I have a trip to Park City coming up.

Possibilities:
ride berzerker
ride highlife ul
never summer cobra
never summer heritage
rossignol one magtek

Thanks for the help!