Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any Bunnies in the Roaring Fork Valley, CO??
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #104 (permalink)
Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSnowbunnyxX View Post
I never thought much of it until I was broken up with my crazy/controlling/evil ex and I was around 25 and worked FT at Dominos pizza as a pizza delivery person and all the guys there were like brothers to me and I didn't really go out with friends much anymore cuz they all decided to have babies n such.... and I wasn't in college at the moment...so I thought "where the hell am i gonna meet someone?" so I was telling my cousin how I was having trouble finding someone but I wanted to hang out with people to get my mind off of my ex (it was one of those bad relationships where we broke up like 20 times in 3 years and I was finally DONE)... so he told me about Plenty Of Fish and how he was using that and met some great peeps. So I tried it out, met plenty of freaks and weirdos and am thankful that I didn't end up in a hole in someones basement with a bucket of lotion, but then I ended up finding my now bf of 2 years I agree it's like applying for a job haha but see he made the cut and so did I. I liked everything I read on his page and just hoped he wasn't lying, and sure enough it was all true and tada! Happiness.

I wrote way too much just now my bad
Long story short. I tried online dating once, met the girl online and chatted for a week or two, then we agreed to meet for happy hour downtown after work. Hung out with her for about an hour and knew she was not the girl for me, but since I was already out I ended up going to a different bar for another drink after we parted ways. At the second bar I sat down next to my now current girlfriend of 2 years, and hit it off. So, technically, online dating is the reason I'm with my current girlfriend, I just didn't meet her online .

P.S. the whole "You never meet quality women in bars" thing is total BS. Though we were both having casual after work drinks at a classy place, not getting blasted at a dive bar so YMMV.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote