Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #227 (permalink)
cocolulu

Eh, I guess I can post a gear review here and there. I think generally what I mean to say is that often times, there isn't all that much to respond to, so I mostly just lurk around. If there's something relevant I can talk about (a girl has gear questions, or somebody asks about resorts in CA), I'll chime in.

In general, the reason why I'm here is because during snow season, my brain is *CONSTANTLY* thinking about snowboarding, and I can't be on the slopes all the time. So I either end up shopping for gear online, or coming here to read/talk about it here.

I'm probably a bit of an exception though. My girlfriends take maybe 2 or 3 trips a year up to Tahoe, and outside of that, they don't think about snowboarding. So, they don't feel any need to mingle on forums.

For me though, me, my bf, and his circle of guy friends are pretty serious 'people who snowboard,' and I personally need to occupy my brain with snow stuff when I'm not on the mountain.

So, I don't know what the solution is. It may not even be a problem... it's just that there are so few girls to start with, when one is absent it's a bit more noticeable.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote