Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to go fast without catching edges?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #51 (permalink)
bordsmnj

wow, there's a lot going on in this thread. lots of valid points if they are taken further and put into context. i think a lot has to do with what you consider "going fast". at my local little hill (bear mountain/snow summit) conditions change vastly on a typical "so cal" day. in the morning you ice skating and in the late afternoon your water skiing. i view being on edge as a defensive technique. i've used it. good tool to have. staying flat at really high speeds is used in attacking. even riding flat when your really flying down hard pack your not very much in contact with the surface. the faster i go the tighter and more responsive i want my bindings. also tense leg muscles, weight foreward. drive through it. no staying loose about it. pick your lines and totally commit. by commiting you can change your line if need be just follow your eyes. are you in control? i'll you have to do is ask your self "would i be able to stop right now?" any way i like this thread because it made me put some thought into something i am passionate about. lots i disagree with here too but... no big deal. i think that beveled edges and all curved surfaces at the rear of the board are about controlled release not lift. but then surface conditions come into play, blah blah blah. have FUN!

Last edited by bordsmnj; 01-26-2013 at 06:22 AM.
bordsmnj is offline   Reply With Quote