Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camelback vs jfbb.....
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #40 (permalink)
tonyisnowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucew. View Post
jack frost is better than camelback imo, especially on a weekend. you spend more time in line than on the slopes at camelback. the runs are short at JF but atleast you can get on the lift in a reasonable amount of time and the trails are no where near as crowded so you can just run laps.

when you arrive at JF your at the top of the mountain, all the runs to the right of the terrain park are blue or black and my favorite part about the mountain is that most of these trails have trees that you can ride in and cut through to other trails. its also cool how its setup...the riders left of the mountain is the toughest terrain (east mountain) and it gradually gets easier as you head towards the riders right so it keeps most of the beginners out of the way.

i'm planning to ride there on sunday as long as my pulled ab muscle is up to it. i couldnt even do a situp until yesterday so im still not 100% sure if im going to risk tearing it again, but id be down to shred a few runs if i make it
Hey thanks for the info! I usually go to Camelback on weekdays (got a 199 weekday pass) So the lines are usually ok in the morning. But I do see it fill up like crazy on the weekends and after 2pm! So I guess it is good I am going to Jack Frost on a weekend.

Sorry to hear about the injury. I am planning a trip with a friend I haven't seen in a few years but let me know if you are going. We could meet up if you like even to just say whats up and get introduced to each other. I am still considered a new rider so I am not that great. I usually like riding blue runs and trying to progress to more advanced hills. My buddy is coming to give me some riding tips. But all advice is welcome!
Thanks again
tonyisnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote