Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building your own house
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

I'm all about resale. You never know where life will lead you. I planned on staying in our 1st house that we owned and we built longer than we actually did. We did some decorating in a more modern theme and it took longer to sell do to this. It wasn't way out there or anything but it did effect the time to sell.
Loans may become a factor too. With the use of other materials and possibly increasing the cost, banks may be less willing to loan you the difference. Not sure if you looked into this aspect.
I didn't do the general work but I did do a lot of work on the home ourselves. Custom tile work, most of the insulating, some very minor framing, all the painting and exterior staining. No way I could have taken on more and this was almost to much but this will all depend on your free time.
I had a hard enough time keeping the general on schedule with getting things done I can't imagine doing all the generals work!!!!!