Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Super Awesome deck needed!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
BrendanMorgan

Lightbulb Super Awesome deck needed!

Ok so here goes:

I'm new here and have read A LOT (all day in fact) in the forums. I am looking for advice on a new board. Basically I have been riding a 10 year old cambered board and it's time I buy myself something nicer. I would consider myself a solid intermediate rider. I board in Tahoe area mostly and have pretty much an aggressive freeride style. I like to bomb down groomers and occasionally venture off into some powder. I hardly ever go to the park and mostly just hit some side jumps and small kickers. My goal however, is to eventually start learning to jump off some bigger kickers and add some spins and what have you.

I am 6'2'' and 220-230 lbs
I wear a size 12 boot
I have blonde hair

For me budget is not an issue but I'm not stuck on the most expensive must be the best. I rode a Lib Skunk Apes 169 and I liked it a lot. I really like the magnetraction. I am not stuck on a Mervin board but I do like them and I love the C2 profile. I am about to undergo an extreme kind of weight loss thing and am hoping (aren't we all) to be around 210 lbs before the end of the season and hopefully around 200 by next season. My concern with the Skunk Apes is that it might be too wide? I know I have big feet my boots have Shrinkage or whatever so they are supposed to effectively be a size less. The 169 did seem a little harder to initiate turns. If I did go for the SA would a 164 be a better fit? What about a T.Rice Pro 164.5? What are the main differences between these boards besides width?

Sorry if I'm rambling but I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!!

Last edited by BrendanMorgan; 01-27-2013 at 02:12 AM.
BrendanMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote