Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - life at a resort
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
is there nice surrounding communities in Salt Lake? like suburbs in the metro area that are still very close to the resorts....just not much of a city person, and if i ever considered this, i would want a house with a yard and shit....
Ummm... no. SLC is very crowded, more like Manhattan (not the one in Kansas silly). Only highrises and condos, no yards. You have to catch the metro bus from the city to the resorts, can you imagine that? They won't allow your stupid 2WD up the mountain when it's snowing. Sometimes they shut off the access roads to the resorts for hours, for avalanche control because of... too much powder?

Add to that the liquor laws, the mormons and the pollution. Wasatchman is all wet don't listen to him. Go to Denver, Portland or Seattle... maybe Snowolf can convince everyone to move to Portland. Just leave SLC to the mormons and idiots like Wasatchman... and me.

davidj is offline   Reply With Quote