Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - $100,000 Donated to Build Brand New Park at Home Mountain
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanW View Post
Was just at Bogus yesterday...Awesome new park, it's really fun! We need more snow though, the park was getting ridden on so much that dirt started to show and the snow turned to brown..
You are in boise?! Awesome man! Good to hear! Looks like you joined a while ago but just posted for the first time here, so welcome to the forum

And yes! The new park is really freaking fun! But you are absolutly right about the snow turning brown! The second section of the park, it really was getting bad, and most of that is due to how hard people have to stop to set up for the next features due to the grade of the run. I know i ruin it pretty bad lol. Ive been working on gaping the down section of the shot gun rail ( first hit on the right of the second park section). I would like to get a grab over the down section of that rail. But to do that I need a ton of speed, and ALL of that speed has to be scrubbed off before I get to the next set of features. That results in a super hard brake that just scrapes around tons of snow, and as many riders as they had doing that...its going to turn back to dirt soon if we dont get more snow.

Me and another member here (thugit) work at the hill and are ridng there pretty regularly. Some time you should ride with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
Who donated the money and why?

I'm sure if they dropped 100k into a park set-up they will use some of that to add some lights to the rest of the line
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanW View Post
The Albertsons Foundation donated it and Mt. Dew built and sponsored it.
Yup. They donated it because word must have gotten around enough that we DESPERATELY needed a new park set up. As far as lights go, nope. I know that building lights wasn't in the budget for the new park. That would cost too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote