Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #410 (permalink)
turbospartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by digZ View Post
Vail Pass got closed? I made it through at around 8:00. Was a bit slick in spots, but nothing too crazy.

Vail was good today, wet snow seemed to soften up the base and make it feel decently deep in spots. Blue Sky in the trees was riding really well today, same with Game Creek. I missed out on all the late December fun, so today was the best day of the season for me (unfortunately, lol). The top of Sun down bowl had some good soft spots, and good coverage. As Argo said, the runouts of almost all the bowls are pretty sketchy right now, but the tops have good coverage. Sun up bowl was hit and miss, China bowl was good, didn't hit Siberia today.
That's what the news said... I didn't actually drive there as I didn't feel like turning around if it was closed.

Breck wasn't too bad. Thin in some spots but I found some real nice snow while lapping the T-bar. Was fun to meet up with Sponger and Dopamean for a few runs as well.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote