Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread

179K views 365 replies 107 participants last post by  zk0ot 
#1 · (Edited)
You guys tired of 2013 yet? Trade show season is upon us, and yup, that means it is time for the 2014 preview thread. This does seem like it keeps getting earlier each year but I have to admit, I am always stoked to see the new gear, no matter when it shows up.

This will come in pieces to keep it manageable.

Lots of new stuff from Flow. The Whole NX2 line is cored out and lighter and yes, the toe strap (on the toe strap models) has been angled for an even wider boot fit range. The Fuse is a whole new line that offers active strap technology with a more flexible base and at a moderately lower price. There are two backless bindings (named Freeballers - yeahhhh!) as well as two new women's Nasty models. Also ABT gets expanded in 2014 with new zones being added underfoot for an ultra-smooth ride.

Tons of new stuff and upgrades this season fro the Flow camp. Some very cool new products and some great tweaks to some existing ones. I will start up a thread in the Bindings forum for all the new binding info but here is a taste.

See less See more
2 7
#11 ·
Arbor's 2014 lineup looks amazing. You will see a lot of wood returning, even in the graphic models, and some new outlines as well.

Damn!!! I LOVE the look of that "Burl Wood" Arbor!!

Lotsa cool lookin' boards!! (...is there a NS board that's comparable to the Gnu Riders choice in design tech & profile??) I really like the NS graphics. Was thinking about looking for the GNU RC when the late season clearance prices hit!

#9 ·
A bit of additional length in the tip (and tail) definately make a difference in riding up over pow. The extra length allow the designer to get a smoother transition (less stabbing) and a modestly higher total tip height. This can lead to a bit of extra spin weight so that is one reason for the indents at the tips...the other being grabs...and style :).

#16 ·
I've been expecting this thread daily for the last week :)

I heard NS had new boards and profiles. Will be riding them in just over a week, so will report back. Pretty dull designs again though they normally look a lot better in person. Womens are more interesting IMO.

Love what some some of the other brands have come up with.

Love those 390 Boss colorways too. The yellow would look hot on my board.

#18 ·
I see now that Jones did it everybody is coming out with weird tip designs. I can't help but look at them and think about how much effective edge they're losing given the same length board... :dunno:

After riding a blunted tip board there really is nothing scary about them, that's the trend we should be going towards in snowboarding! :D

#29 · (Edited)
Seems as though DC is adding a new camber and is now using heat moldable foam in 2/3 of the boot line and in the top stuff using Remind insoles. That is a HUGE improvement. Not to mention that will make now 4 boots that do not require new footbeds for most people. For the first time EVER I'm kinda pumped about DC boots. And I think they moved all the side dials to the outside from the inside. Now people wont be snapping them off walking or riding sleds anymore.

#32 ·
Don't mean to start a fight here, but, geez, "you're a moron" is a very poor way of showing disagreement! =/ Does disagreeing make you physically unable to still be respectful or something?

I wanted to chime in on the NS graphics. Why do so many people thing they're ugly? I'd love a nice near-monochrome board, something very simple and toned down in terms of looks. Maybe that's just me :dunno:

#43 ·
My Problem with Mervin's Asym (ridden the pickle and Impossible) is that they are using a softer core on the heelside just past the inserts tip to tail. You can't leverage the heelside as hard, so you put a deeper radius back there to make the turns inherently tighter and soften up the core so that it's easier to initiate the turn. That's what they think, I though it felt mushy on my heelside and even on the Pickle with full MTX it felt washy. Deeper is fine, but so far I've liked a thicker band of core in an asym construction behind me heels more than a deeper sidecut. More to drive my heel into means more edge bite and that means I can drive into the sidecut more. Put asym core and sidecut together? Yes please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.