Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homeschool Dangermare and Base Layer
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Guess I should check my own threads sometime eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Deviant, SGBoarder what kind of riding/where do you guys mostly ride?
Midwest here, venture east now and again but with the Great Lakes our weather changes pretty quickly (tonight turning to rain suddenly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
How's the sizing? From what I'm reading its pretty average, not too tight but not too baggy?

Can't decide between a medium and a large. I'm 5'11" , 170 lbs. Any thoughts? About to pull the trigger on the "earth" color at backcountry.com.
Not sure if you already bought it, but for you I'd probably go large. 5 foot 8 155 here and I wear a medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedodger View Post
from someone who has this jacket, is it waterproof enough? it only has a 10,000mm waterproof rating. I have always used 200,000 mm rating and that would concern me.
10,000 in my opinion is fine for almost any type of riding. Majority of us don't ride in constant rain or lay on the snow for long so I dont think its an issue. My HellyHansen pants are 10k waterproof as well and its fine for the riding I do as well.

Edit: Sorrry Shred, almost forgot you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
no wrist gaiters is a +. they would just shorten the life of the jacket if these shells are really what they're made out to be.

mesh liner??? you mean there is a separate, loose layer of mesh flapping around between you and the shell like some cheap warm-up/track suit? fuck that. i'll never buy anything with that bullshit.

i like the idea behind the collar but if it come up to your goggles that's too high. i like to ride with my collar zipped all the way up ~90% of the time and this seems like it might be too much. i will only buy jackets with this style of one piece hood/collar (no collar behind the neck just hood) so the design is good with me - but if it has a mesh liner it is not a shell and i wouldn't wear it.
The mesh is like a vest, arms aren't included in that material, and it's not removable.

The collar only comes up to my goggles when I have the hood up. Otherwise on the lift in the wind I tuck my face down into the collar.

Last edited by Deviant; 01-28-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote