Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #2798 (permalink)
Karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Well we wound up going to Bittersweet instead of Cannonsburg and are happy that we did. I hadn't been there before and even though it was crowded as fuck the layout was good enough to keep lines moving well and there were enough different runs so that none of them were busy. Seemed like a lot of the people there, especially the younger snowboarding crowd, were only there to see and be seen so the runs weren't busy at all.

They had a lot of LE snow last week and it showed. Where we live east of GR we only had a dusting on the ground but over there everything was blanketed pretty well and there was a shit ton of snow piled up from the plows along the roads. The snow at the hill was FAST compared to the shit we rode on the weekend before at Caberfae and my wife and I each had to take a couple of practice runs just to get dialed into it. But once we did we had a ton of fun. So thanks to Karp for recommending this place. We'll be back for sure.
Nice. I went to Cannonsburg on Saturday and it was surprisingly not too busy, but I only stayed on the bunny hill because I took my 4 y.o. son out to try snowboarding. You would not have had very much fun there though because the only decent run w/o a terrain park was setup for ski racing. Their far hill wasn't even open. I had fun with my son and he actually didn't do too bad. The last time down I rode with him and we were actually riding next to each other and it was pretty cool feeling....then he bit it. He had a ton of fun though and fell asleep as soon as he got in the car so I guess it was a success!
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote