Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #551 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy View Post
Cypress was great too, although they definitely didn't stay home. It was pretty busy in spots but still good. Perma-single life always gets me through the fast track. Rode a few off of Raven Ridge for a bit since there were no lines at all there and I don't think I've ridden it since the very first time I ever went to Cypress years ago. Mountain definitely is in some of the best shape it's been all season with lots of stuff open to hit. Was gonna attempt learning switch today but just ripped hard on the new bindings I copped last night and enjoyed all the fresh. Not the deep powder I've gotten used to the past few weeks up north, but our mountains are great when there's freshies, and I kinda think I prefer it. Plus modern high speed chairs are great. Oh yeah, and it not being -28 is nice as well Lots of friendly folks today too. Chatted up a few cool moms with their kids who appreciated my great life advice for their children

Bet Whistler was sick. Perfect day to pick for an out of towner.

Don't normally ride Cypress, but have ridden it enough to know where to go. It was surprisingly good yesterday. Didn't find too much of that nasty crust, even a tiny bit of pow without having to go too far out of our way. As usual, found some trees to hit here and there and even made it over to Raven as well

Cypress management are hilarious, fucking charge $10 for the close parking and then have a Jazz big band playing live in the lodge at lunch. Fuck off, don't spend my ticket $ on that shit! Jerkoffs Most people were like wtf is this, leaving lodge cos it's too loud... and who gets hyped on that shit anyway? I guess Cypress has a fairly wacky crowd so what do I know?

Good day tho
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote