Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Newbie needs advice on boots
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
thecurrybot5000

Default Newbie needs advice on boots

Hi guys, I am just learning how to snowboard, and I could use some advice. So far I have just been renting boots, bindings, and boards. However, the rental boots are very uncomfortable and are limiting my enjoyment. My feet are slightly wide. I usually wear size E shoes, but sometimes I can fit in size D (10-10.5, normal arches).
Ideally, I would like to buy my own boots and to rent bindings and snowboards wherever I am boarding. I have no interest in buying a snowboard at this point.

I have the following questions:

1) From a binding/board compatibility standpoint, is it possible to just buy boots that should work with generic bindings and boards from various rental shops? (Or do I need to buy boots for specific bindings and specific boards?)

2) If #1 is possible, is there a certain brand that I should be looking at to confirm a wide range of compatibility with bindings/boards? In regards to brands, I have read that 23 and Salomon tend to run wider which is better for me. Ideally, I am looking for a set of intermediate flex, dual BOA boots, priced under $300.

Thank you in advance!
thecurrybot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote