Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Optikal_Illuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideordiechick View Post
I'm not to familiar with boards since it's my first season. I want a really good all mountain board that I can also take on park. I'm looking at the Gnu B-pro or the Never Summer Infinity. Any thoughts on either board or can you make any other suggestions for me?
Thanks!
I was under the impression that these 2 boards the OP listed are for intermediate + riders? Am I wrong? I am also a newb female, and bought my first setup a few months back...

I'm 5'9", 140lbs and a size 10-10.5 boot. I decided to not go with the big brand names since your really paying for the name. I found a really sweet looking board for my style of riding with a 3 year warrenty for $180 US. I decided to go this route incase I break this board for some god knows what reason, I wouldn't be out $400+ just on the board alone.

If you have the money to burn, then sure go for it, but anything other than a beginner board for a beginner can actually hamper you because it might not be as flexible or too fast? maybe someone can back me up on that...

Regardless, I say go a bit cheaper, see if you'll stick with the sport for sure and then upgrade as you see fit! Just my 2 cents!

I'm riding a 150 Camp Seven Featherlite with 2006 burton custom and k2 boots that I switch with my Systems (system boots are great for those real cold days!)
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote