Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Treegreen

The general advice given to beginners is to not buy a board that is super stiff because they are typically a pain in the ass (literally) to learn on. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the B-Pro is a mid flex and the NS is more of a soft/mid flex. So, it mostly comes down to whether or not she thinks snowboarding is the thing for her, and whether or not she's willing to deal with a little stiffer board in the B-Pro for a bit. If she does then either one is an excellent choice since she'll be able to grow into both and they have higher-end board tech and shouldn't be super difficult to progress on. If she is not sure then it might be a better idea to spend a little less while she's learning on something softer. If it were me, and I had no problem spending that kind of scratch, I would buy the nicer stuff every time, but I also took a lot of lumps on a stiff camber board when I learned.

Last edited by Treegreen; 01-28-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote