Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - advice on which board
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

The alibi is going to be the softest board on your list, it has Nomex in the tip and tail. Nomex is resin or epoxy covered cardboard its really squishy and doesn't last too long, while I love Atomic products when they introduced that to the alibi the board just went to shit.

The Zepplin is fun and definitely up your alley for what you're looking for its going to be slightly stiffer when it comes to park riding but still stable and fun. Although once again Nomex in the core between the feet but its not the full width of the core its only half width then layered with wood over top, this will give it better snap.

Anthem is what it is, I think Rome bastardized it last season the sidecut is super aggressive on it and really digs in. Great if you're into laying Euro carves, but other than that semi chattery.

The Heritage is basically the big brother to the sl. Slightly stiffer, little wider, and more of a all mountain shape to it compared to an all mountain freestyle shape. I liked the board for what you're describing.

The premier is definitely the top contender for what you listed as its shape is more geared for pow/trees than park. The new Premier F1 for this year retains the same shape as the older premiers with lighter glass in it a bit more torsional give to it. So where a lot of people complained about it getting on edge if not as speeds I found it slightly better.

Custom X just chatters the alumafly core doesn't dissipate energy and its not that great of a park board better in pipe.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote