Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying advice for complete Setup, Board, Binding, and Boots
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Treegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
so i decided to order a never summer cobra x 161 (162)W this week with burton cartel bindings, still haven't made my mind on boots...

what do you guys think, it's an all terrain, rocker & camber board, this supposed to be a tech. developed by never summer and it supposed hold on the hardpack for us east coasters pretty good. level 5 responsiveness
Well, the good news is you have a reputable brand and a board that a lot of people on this forum love. At the very least, if you ride it and find out it's not what you were looking for you can sell it without a huge loss. I figure you'll probably love it once you get used to it.

As for the boots, take advantage of the return policies of REI or Backcountry to find the right pair if you can't get a good look at things locally. What I mean by that is order (or pickup in store) a pair you think will work, give them a ride, and return/exchange them for something else until you find something comfortable that keeps your heel locked in. Boots are going to always be subjective and you'll have to decide if you want something noodley soft, medium, or stiff. The best advice has been that you just need to try a bunch.

Last edited by Treegreen; 01-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote