Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
danm

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Actually this is just a prequel, I'm heading up to http://www.Shweitzer.com this Sunday and Monday for first turns on this board and the forecast looks pretty promising for some nice pow.
About me, 160-165lbs sz 9 foot 5'5"... I've been riding 'seriously' for the last 7-ish years but off and on since I was 15... I'll be 40 in March. Not into park except for jumps/kickers and don't do switch unless I need to get out of a dicey situation.
I purchased the Raptor to replace my T.Rice 157... My pure pow board is a Lib Mullet 160 and I'll keep that for snorkel days! Love the rice but the waist width at 25.8 can be kind of a chore with my feet and it's a twin and I don't do much switch so..... in comes the Raptor. I was originally considering the Cobra but after much reading and noticing how reviewers (Snowolf, Leo, others) noted that the Heritage was stiffer than the Cobra and the T.Rice was stiffer than the Heritage... and I really like the stiffness of the rice
I'll update this thread probably Tuesday...

Happy riding
danm
Well... I'm back from my initial ride of the Raptor and all I can say is... WOW!!! It's like Neversummer designed and built a board for ME... like I was a pro and... I aint... Everything is perfect for the riding I like to do, steeps, powder, trees, bombing. It seriously turns on less than a dime even going slow but really opens up at speed... seems to turn 'almost' before you think about it, it's that instantaneous. It's definitely stiff but didn't really seem more so than my T.Rice, but that probably has to do with the waist width and being able to pressure the edges better with my foot size.
Snow conditions were mostly awesome with some 12"+ on 45 degree+ pitches and float was awesome... I'm really curious how well it does in the 2' plus stuff... I might not even need my Mullet anymore

BTW... Snowolf, you're going to LOVE this board
danm is offline   Reply With Quote