Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #235 (permalink)
BeachLegoGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
Well, here's what ya do, head over to the trip reports section. Start a thread about the experience. Did you take lessons? If so, how were they? Did you rent gear? If so, where, and how was the service? Anything outstanding about the trip? Anything to complain about? These are things that riders of any ability like to know. Actually, reading about others trips is one of the main reasons I've stuck around here so long.
Good idea. I may do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
I had similar issues with getting switch when I turned toeside. The advice I got was to watch my shoulder alignment AND keep my weight off the back foot when I was turning. That will definitely cause the tail of the board to swing all the way around especially if you're keeping your shoulders open & rotated into the turn! Once I started paying attention to that, the turns got easier, AND I wasn't afraid of getting switch early on!!! A nice bonus!
Thanks for the tip! I'm hoping to make at least two more trips before the end of the season. We are 6 hours drive from Snowshoe and live at the beach (I'm sure you figured that.)
BeachLegoGal is offline   Reply With Quote