Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions on a trip to the Alps this spring.
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maierapril

Don't disregard the areas available in Switzerland. I had the opportunity to board for a month in the Jungfrau ski area and it was amazing. There are about 3 to 4 different and massive resorts, all connected by a great tram and public transportation system. The great thing about the area is that a great deal of people there speak fluent English.

Instead of staying at the resorts, I opted to stay in Interlaken. It's a really nice, picturesque town that offers people a lot to do. I made sure to take advantage of that.....like ski diving the Swiss alps
It can be quite expensive but there are great deals to be had if you just look.

Half time I was there, I stayed at a decent place called hotel mattenhoff. Real friendly staff that serves great local beer.
Hotel Mattenhof Resort AG, Interlaken
It's attached to a hostel so you do meet a lot of different people

The other half was spend staying at the Victoria. Extremely expensive, but very nice, although in hindsight it would have been better for me to have stayed at mattenhoff...liked the people there better...hope that helps
Maierapril is offline   Reply With Quote