Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
post #553 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM
mitch19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
No, it was really flat light all day so no high speed runs. Also I was fighting a bit of a hangover!

No worries, I probably should have done the same thing! The ice waterfall was on an unmarked trail. We entered under the Big Red Express, between Jimmy's Joker and the Pony Trail. I saw untouched powder from the lift and knew I had to get on it! Entered the forrest and ended up on top of this ice sheet. Looked at the pics again last night and I think it was closer to 60 degrees!

The view from above, I was holding the phone pointing almost straight down at this point:

A little steeper than usual:

The garden of eden waiting for me at the bottom! And a relatively easy 35 degree slope:
Was really flat light yesterday as well. I did not stay out too long.

I know where you were, there are some tricky spots in through there if you don't know where you're going. I haven't been down that exact spot but I've ended up on some 'well this was a bad idea' spots Thats Whistler for you, it's a big as place with some pretty gnarly spots inbounds that aren't always well signed, especially if you are off trail.