Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Forum Lander vs Burton supermodel X
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Thats a hard one. If you want a board that really excels at all mountain riding that you can take into the park, Its typically good to look into park boards designed for the whole mountain. Its harder to find freeride boards that can hit park than park boards that can hit grooms and pow.

So for that I recommend the K2 believer, Rome Agent/Solution, Lib Tech TRS MTX/T-Rice MTX

I say MTX and not BTX cause with BTX you loose some stabiliy at higher speeds. If you think of a snowboard like a longboard, the BTX is like having a shorter wheelbase, you might have a little more control and have the ability to rail turns harder, but longer wheelbases are more adept at high speed. Stability can of course be effected by deck and trucks, but that is beside the point, the analogy works. This isn't to say you're sacrificing much turn or control by not getting BTX, look what alpine boards can do and they're standard camber.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote