Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First snowboarding trip was kinda rough
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
k8xp

Default First snowboarding trip was kinda rough

I feel like I got ran over by a truck.

The ski lift was the worst. I couldn't lift up my board with one foot, so it was being dragged, hurt my ankle BAD. Nick had to help me lift up my board each time... Then, getting off, fell almost immediately 2 out of 3 times. Again ripping my left ankle off me practically.

Actually rode pretty well, minus turning and stopping. When I wanted to stop I made myself fall, lol but only one fall was bad. Landed on the back of my head and goggles flew off, got wet, couldn't get them dry/couldn't get up cause they were too f-ing blurry. Took off gloves to help clear them, inside of gloves got wet... etc! Needless to say, I was not a happy girl after I FINALLY made it to the bottom. What do you guys do if the inside of your goggles get wet, keep something in your pocket?

I feel more prepared for next time. Know I need something waterproof to cover my neck and face, plus glove liners. Need a few tips from you guys, then will take a lesson and be set : )
And here is my beginner setup. Salomon Lotus 138/ K2 Yeah Yeah bindings/ ThirtyTwo boots/Morrow mirrored goggles.

Last edited by k8xp; 01-29-2013 at 10:20 PM.
k8xp is offline   Reply With Quote