Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Burton Nug Directional review
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
jojotherider

So I wanted to give another update now that I've had a chance to ride some pow on it.

Conditions last night: upper twentys, snowing super hard, about a foot on the ground with more in some spots, less in others.

I definitely wouldn't call this a pow board. Especially compared to my 162 Gyrator. I will say that it does ride really well in the deep stuff though. I felt like I had all of the float of the Gyrator up until it got flat. It felt like it was doing fine, but then I noticed my back leg starting to get real tired. I haven't had that feeling since I picked up the Gyrator last year. I think the float was mostly there, but I was pretty worried about the nose dipping under while I was just cruising along on not steep terrain. so i'd end up in the back seat. With my Gyrator, I can just center my weight and let the board do all the work. I won't say I was getting really bad leg burn, but it was definitely something I noticed.

I also didn't feel like I had any problems going off of drops up to 8'. Some of the landings weren't so steep but I wasn't worried about going over the front end on those landings. Maybe its just a matter of getting my weight forward and just trusting the board to not dive on flatter terrain.

What I did get out of it was that it was still a very playful board because of its size and weight. Its easy to just whip around wherever you are. whereas the Gyrator is definitely slower to move around and you can feel the weight and length of it.

Suffice it to say the Gyrator stays in the quiver for the deepest of days.

-joel
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote