Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - economic discombobulation
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
PaoloSmythe
Samyaksambuddhas

Default economic discombobulation

okay, so i appreciate that some / most in here prolly think i think i know everything. well i know you are wrong!

i am completely bemused by the conscious policies which influence the cost of oil, so if any wouldbe Wall Streeters can help me in my confusion i will be grateful.

we are all of course aware of the increase in the price of oil and thus petrol; due to hurricanes, wars, pesky russians etc.....

like an increase in tax, the public are given the news of these higher expenses with much apology and excuses for why it is not the fault of government or oil corps etc.....

but when peace comes along, or when hurricanes turn out not to be so bad the price of oil goes down, but that of petrol does not.

and then yesterday i hear, that due to the 'credit crunch' causing a decline in oil use, oil producing nations are going to reduce their supplies, to INCREASE THE COST OF OIL!

for all the apologies regarding a hyperinflating price of oil, now that there is the chance of perhaps giving us back some of our loses, if not simply making it a reasonable cost.... they are actually and publicly taking steps to make an expensive thing even more expensive, even tho they have every opportunity to make it cheaper for us.

and this is presented and even received as being no big deal?

i just do not get it. at all!