Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Edge Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy473 View Post
So would you recommend I just get a gummy stone, so I can de burr if I need to (good chance I'll meet some icey conditions), then worry about sharpening properly next season if needs be.

I noticed that arbor have detuned from the factory so not worried about that any more.
I'd get the gummy stone and the diamond stone, run the gummy stone over your edges from time to time to polish them and if the gummy keeps catching then use the diamond stone to deal with major burrs.

The whole deburring thing is a bit overrated in my opinion, the key is to sharpen when your board gets dull if there will be ice.

If you ride icy conditions a lot you may have to sharpen every few days, if you ride soft conditions you may be able to ride many days without need to sharpen, best to learn to test for a dull edge.

I'd say for best riding deburring on a 1 to 10 scale is a 2 or 3 in importance where sharpening is a 9/10 in importance, with waxing a 5 or 6.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote