I think it is a serendipity of the general age of the user group here and the NS target segment. I get the sense that the posters are older than some of the other forums out there. So then let's review:
1. They hit a market segment that seems to be ignored (older dedicated riders with regular jobs who are perhaps less "rad") The graphics imo are hit and miss. I personally love their big mountain graphics and 2012 raptor/ 2013 infinity. However they are all very understated, which matches the segment well.
2. While they don't have crazy top end prices, the avg price of the line is up there. Not likely to be purchased by kids/casual riders.
3. More of a boutique brand, especially in Canada. Check mark on the image factor. Compounded by point #2 above. This is independent of the product of itself, but would be something that this market segment would be willing to spend extra money on.
4. It actually is pretty damp ride (older crowd/maybe bad knees) and durable (I rammed my raptor into a big ass rock and nothing happened beside some edge sharpening.) All qualities that would cement it in the minds of the target segment.
5. RC shape and vario works good in big mountain conditions. A lot of users here are from out west or take big mountain trips.
6. Carbonium is "cool" (see point 2&3)
Combine all of these with actual rep representation and you got a perfect storm of fanboism.