Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #2819 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
You can't beat that deal, you should have fun, the place sounds better then anywhere I've been so far. I did a trip similar to the one I have planned right now to Boyne Mountain last year and that was fun.
Yeah we've gone for the past couple of years. The first year we went to Boyne Mountain and last year we did a night session at Boyne Mtn. (not many runs open but only 10 bucks for a lift ticket) and went to Highlands for the rest of the trip.

This year we are planning on doing the same. Initially I wanted to try Nub's but we really just like Highlands so much we decided to head there.

On an unrelated topic, I wanted to get your guys' opinions on Flow bindings. Right now I ride Burton Missions, which are fine, but I'm tempted lately to try the Flows for a number of reasons. I saw the 2012 M-9's on sale at Evo for basically 120 bucks with the extra 27% off and thought about trying those first to see if I like these style of bindings. But then my eye wandered over to the NX2-ATs which are 150 bucks more but appear to be possibly more suited to me. My Missions I think are rated at mid level for stiffness but still feel a bit soft for me. Maybe it's because I'm so heavy?

The NX2-ATs look like they are bulletproof and much stiffer. There are two other draws for me beside the step-in convenience and the stiffness. First is the lack of a cap-style toe-strap; I already deal with enough overhand and eliminating this little extra will buy me some space in addition to not losing my strap if I do lean too much and catch something.

Secondly, it appears to have a higher footbed which will also improve my toe and heel clearance. My only hesitation is the price. At 270 bucks it's tough to justify an experiment without some advice at least, but there are enough reasons to draw me toward trying it. Or maybe the M-9's will work?

I know this is the Michigan winter thread but I know from reading this forum before that Leo has extensive knowledge of the Flows and I'm assuming some of you other guys do as well. Since we all ride the same places by and large, I value your input on it. Sorry this is so fucking long-winded.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote