Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Tahoe Advice please
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnNorcal View Post
I see you're from Mass. I lived back there for a few years in Milton, my dad's from Dochester. I also have a friend who used to live there as well. Not sure if you've been out here before, but it's really warm compared to the East! We laugh at others who have tons of cloths on! we're the ones in short sleeves.
Anyways, back to the resorts you're going to visit. I've had passes to 4 out of the 5 resorts listed with Squaw bieing to only pass I've never had, so expensive! By the way I think you're going at great time, last couple of years, we've had some great last season storms! Plus, if we don't get any storms, the snow should be like spring corn snow! Soft and easy to throw around, Just make sure you have the right wax for the temp! Hey, I'll send you a PM on where to go! Just give me a day to write it up, like a dummy guide for secret stash! haha...
I'm from Connecticut...it was -4 when we arrived at Mt. Snow last Sunday! That's what I love about Tahoe. On many of my trips there I've ridden in just a hoodie and t-shirt. And the sky is either blue or dumping snow. On our last trip, it snowed for four days non-stop. Dumped about 4-5 feet of snow. Us easterners don't know how to deal with that shit! But man, it was fun.

The funniest thing is, I grew up surfing in Florida. Florida surfers were considered kooks out west (except, Kelly Slater is an old friend and an East Coast surfer who did okay). Anyway, when I first went to Tahoe about eight years ago, I thought it would be a similar vibe. We went in January, and there wasn't much snow yet. They just had a small snow storm, only about 6". We were amazed that the mountains were empty. Hardly anyone out...the locals kept apologizing to us for the horrible conditions. Are you kidding?! Horrible? We had fresh powder! Then they'd find out we ride Vermont. Many said that we were the real hard core...they're all used to perfect conditions, but us Vermont riders are warriors because we can ride anything. True dat.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote