Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't understand some of you guys. A brand makes it big and saturates the market and you guys complain they aren't core or are too much of a big business. Yes, I'm talking about Burton.

Then you complain about the small guys not being more popular.

And now you're complaining about a small American brand becoming popular on an Internet forum?

You guys just can't be pleased can you?

Here's my personal background on my stance with NS. I worked for a retailer for the past 3 years. I have access to a ton of boards. I have demoed more than I can count. I get discounts on all of these boards. I get rewards at work which I can use to get free boards. Yet, I now mainly ride NS. Not because I get boards from them (like I stated, I can get boards easily from most major brands), but because I like their product and business model too.

I've been anti-hype on other products like the Skate Banana and Union bindings. It's really not about that. I got curious about NS boards and was offered to test them out. After doing so, I understood why they are so popular. Very solid boards and easily competes with the big name brands out there. I honestly like their RC better than others.

They aren't perfect, no one is... but you can't knock them for making quality snowboards. If you don't like it, then don't ride it. It's silly to sit there and talk other people out of buying an NS just because it's "hyped" around here. It's silly to turn people away with reasons like "their graphics suck."

How about some actual feedback on the qualities you dislike about the performance of their boards? Because you know what? That "rep" you mentioned as well as testers on here will read your critique. And that critique just might cause NS to change up their tech.

They've already changed their graphics countless times because of feedback from this very forum. I mean come on, they created an entirely new board based mostly on Snowolf's feedback on the Heritage.

What company will come into a small Internet forum to do that?