Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #47 (permalink)
Treegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
I take full responsibility for my purchase. I don't think I've whined about it at all. I'm not even sure I regret it. I did a TON of research. The problem was, outside of sbf.com, I really couldn't find much on NS except what was on the NS site and a few (less than 5) independent reviews. Trust me...I looked. I spent the better part of 2 weeks, and I'm talking hours a day, reading everything I could find about different boards. I narrowed it down to 4 or 5 and researched the hell out of those boards. I can explain to you, in detail, the manufactures sites and board info. I demo'd boards for 5 days. In that 5 days, I probably rode 15 boards. Demoing a NS wasn't an option...I wish. How could I have taken more responsibility for my choice/purchase?
I'm fairly new to the forum as well, but I think to be totally fair I've noticed people getting a lot of great brand suggestions on most of the "What board should I get posts." Sure, NS has a big presence here, but I don't think I've come across many (if any) posts where a person asking for advice did not get a fairly wide range of boards. I've also noticed the ladies seem to steer people in a different direction with a lot of Roxy love, some Rossignol, and a little Rome. I've also noticed in suggestion posts that people make note of the fact that the NS profile is not for everyone.