Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

I think the NS story here on SBF has two parts. For those that have been around for awhile, you will remember 4 years ago with NS was the first company to push hybrid Camber/Rocker/Camber while most of the big companies where still on the straight rocker craze. Back then I think the hype was legitimetly about the tech and how much better it rode than many of the other now defunct rockers. Without that initial inovation NS wouldn't be where it was today, no matter how many boards they sent to members here.

Today with most companies employing some type of hybrid camber/rocker combination, the advantages of NS are maybe not as pronounced and its more about build/aesthetics/tech/dampness and to some extent hype. I often see threads where NS is suggested for people for no particular reason, when I don't think its actually the easiest hybrid rocker to learn on, RCR feels a lot different than CRC or variations and yet people will say things along the lines of it being the best board ever! when each person's preference may vary.

I have tried quite a few lifted contact point technologies now from TBT, full rocker, RCR, and CRC of various companies and find I like CRC the best so I generally ride NS RC Tech/GNU C2 BTX. Each type has its benefits and drawbacks however and you have to sift through the answers because most people haven't ridden enough boards to really provide a good answer. I think this is where some of the NS hype is getting out of hand and why there is starting to be some anti-hype backlash when other companies make boards that ride similarly now. 4 years ago that just wasn't the case.