Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #651 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8xp View Post
I can't seem to find one that is waterproof. They all say "moisture wicking" but the snow was coming down real good on Monday and I feel if it's like that again a lot of the ones I've looked at would just get soaked.

Today I bought a Bula neoprene balaclava/helmet liner but I don't know what's the best to get.
The 686 one is waterproof. There was a whole description of it on the package that included the waterproofing and breathability ratings.

The facemask itself was really good when I used it- kept me warm while allowing me to breath clearly. I couldn't really move my head around much when my jacket was zipped all the way up with the Strap facemask on, so I just had the top unzipped whenever I wore it.

As good as it was, I just sent mine back, because the velcro closure caught on some of the stitching of the material around the edges and was pulling out more every time I took it off. This might have just been an odd manufacturing defect with the one I had though, so ask tylerkat89 (page 61) if he's had the same problem with his.

I've ordered a Yowie. I really like the simple idea of it and the countless reviews of its good performance, so hopefully that won't have any issues. And there's no velcro to worry about!

Last edited by Gdog42; 01-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote