Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #71 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Buying or not buying boards because of popularity or market share or popularity on this forum doesn't make any sense to me.

Does the board suit your riding style and help you enjoy snowboarding?

Buy a board based on as many reviews and opinions you can get or better still a demo.

I have ridden most of the major brands and tried an NS for the first time last year.

I personally have found the board (proto CT) to be excellent and suit my needs very well. I have had plenty of knocks from other riders and rocks etc and the durability is top notch.

I would love to try out an arbor coda and nitro team gullwing and may get the chance this year.
Love the Coda. Arbor stuff is fun, just not durable as the NS's are.

One day rode the Cobra at Crystal Mountain. Fast, fast fast (for me). Surprisingly still pretty flexible. But Damp.

Next day at Stevens Pass (snow was a little softer that day, inversion etc., it was a lot colder at Crystal) rode the Westmark. Whoa what a difference. Much less stable, but more playful, and much more forgiving. My legs were pretty tired the second day (due to some shenanigans at crystal) so I was a little sloppy, riding around with the wife and others. No problem.

The Cobra, with the stock sharp 0/0 edges and camber sections, if I even thought about getting sloppy it was twitch, reminding me to stay focused. Tired? Fuck you pay me (Goodfellas!). Lazy? Fuck you pay me.

You really gotta be on your game with the Cobra on firm conditions.