Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'll chime in I guess.

I don't have ANY experience with other boards besides Never Summer and my first board, a price point Lamar I got for $88 at Dick's so my perspective is that of the new guy trying to progress and get into this while also having decent expendable income.

Maybe because of the forum or my relationship with some of the guys here but it seemed like it was really easy to dial in what NS board suited my needs based on the way they market their lineup. NS does a great job of "If you like to ride like this, then X is the board for that." Especially for people like me that knew what I wanted to ride like but didn't have access to demo a bunch of stuff.

I liked the small niche'ness of NS. I liked what I knew about the company. Like the post a while back, maybe it was the serendipity of their marketing strategy and me falling into the perfect demographic. In a market full of very similar options, these things helped justify one company over another for me. Is that good or bad, I don't know and kinda don't care.

What does matter is that in the end, I love my board and have been so happy with my purchase and support of NS. It's fun to ride.

It's helped me progress. How? Because I still have nasty habits and occasionally I should catch the hell out of an edge and bust my face but it doesn't happen. The RC profile helps keep me upright when I know I should have been toast and that confidence in my board helped me to push myself.

(Having said that, I will be taking lessons next season to clean up my faults and bad habits)

Is it all psychology? All I know is that it works and I'm happy.

oh and since we're talking about it...

I did something funky to my board when I busted my back. I just discovered it last night. I sent an email to NS this evening and within an hour I had a personal phone call from Never Summer and an RA to get my board sent to them as soon as I can get it boxed up.

No idea what they'll do once they receive it, whether it's covered by the 3 year warranty or not but the fast response? That is seriously killer customer service.
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1