Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 AM   #98 (permalink)
cocolulu

Wow! For me personally, I think it's awesome that a board company solicits feedback from riders and fosters word-of-mouth marketing.

As for myself, I bought an Infinity based on recommendations here. I wouldn't say I'm a fangirl, but I would buy NS again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it (but also point out its flaws).

A few years ago, there were fewer options for hybrid camber boards, and rocker boards had issues. But I think over the years, more manufacturers started making hybrid boards, and rocker boarders have gotten better and better. So, NS's advantages aren't so clear cut anymore, and there's many other snowboards that seem awesome.

Really, I don't hate any brand. It's not like anybody is mowing down forests full of indigenous tribal farmers or anything. I even have Burton stuff, and I LOVE Burton bindings, and appreciate the positive things they initially did for the sport.

NS makes good boards, they seem to be an honest, socially-conscious company. I don't see any reason to hate them just because they're popular. All things being equal, I'd rather see my money go to a US company too... but that hasn't stopped me from buying Arbor stuff (mass produced in Europe in a faceless factory, blah blah blah).