Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rockpen

I used to be a Beaver Creek local and at first I didn't like NS cause everyone was riding them. Because of rocks on the bald spot, log sliding and general park thrashing I was averaging two boards a year, Burton, Sims, Option, etc. One of my fellow snowmakers was still ripping on a 10 year old NS and because of him I decided to give one a test spin as I was tired of always buying new boards. I tried the Premier and fell in love with the ride quality on the very first run, it was like nothing I have ever experienced before so I bought the board. Now, 10 years and over 700 days later, I still love my premier. It looks like it went to hell and back but it's still an awesome board. This year was the FIRST time in 10 years I actually bought a new board. (talk about saving money) I always went to a demo or two a year to try different boards (mostly other brands) but nothing ever came close to giving me the ride satisfaction or confidence that what ever board I was testing would get me out of sketchy situations like my premier has done over and over again. So this year I bought a Proto mostly cause I wanted something that was more playful and the proto is hella playful. Actually its a little bit too playful and not stable enough for me and some of the lines that I ride soooooooo, I'm back on my 10 year old premier and will save the Proto for when we start to teach my 2 year old son how to ski, then snowboard. I think if I was back in Beaver Creek the Proto would be awesome but here in the Alps its out of its element.
I prefer big lines, maching and then skating the mountain in mellower terrain and in that order. The proto is great for skating the mountain but not much else. I'm just being honest and I wish I would have been more honest with myself when I made my purchase cause I not a park rat anymore. I should have bought another Premier or Heritage or even a Raptor. Before this gets any longer... my point is, NS has built a reputation over the last 20 years for making bombproof boards that rides as good as they're built. What other boards out there can last as long as a NS? Just be honest with yourself and the riding you do 90% of the time before making a purchase and never buy a board based on hype or reviews especially when those reviews comes from people who ride a different style in different terrain.

P.S
Yes I used to take my Premier through the park all the time and still do. And I still laugh at people who say its not a good deck for boardsliding.

Last edited by Rockpen; 01-31-2013 at 08:05 AM.