Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #2842 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Twin 2 year olds. good lord. My girl just turned 3, I can't imagine two of her. haha
Dude you have no idea. They're boys too so each of them is like twice as much work as our daughter (who is now 5) was at that age. The first year we were in complete, utter survival mode.
Quote:
So I gotta ask. I see your location, I'm in Lansing city. Where are you?

I dunno about you but I'm in an interesting spot. Sure we don't have Holly or the other SE resorts 15 mins from our house but on the bright side, I have 5 hills within 70 minutes and we get to the northern resorts a hell of a lot faster than they do in the Detroit area.
I'm actually west of Lansing; Portland/Mulliken area. I do, however, work in Lansing.

I'm totally with you on the benefits of our location over SE Michigan. For us being a bit over on the west, the Detroit hills are a bit more of a hike for me than you, but I could probably make it to Mt Holly in an hour 20 mins. But I can get to Bittersweet in a little less than that and Caberfae in about 2 hours. Plus, my wife and I are originally from the Manistee area and we have a lot of family (read babysitters, lol) up there which is why we usually hit Caberfae and Crystal, each of which are only about 40-minute drives from where we stay up there.

So for weekend riding, I'm set pretty nice. Being down in Detroit might be nice to hit those places for night skiing on weekdays, but I don't have the fucking time for that anyways right now.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote