Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First snowboarding trip was kinda rough
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I always get nervous when they put me on a lift with skiers. I don't know why, it seems they should be easier to unload with than other riders.
You'd think so wouldn't you? But with other boarders,.. we all have to turn & get sideways to straighten out the boards, we all shift in the seat and basically do the same thing, not a lot of room to do that with a full lift of skiers!! Skiers just, "stand up". I'm OK with having skiers on the same lift if the chair isn't Full of 'em. Still leaves me some room to maneuver!

...of course that brings up my other "Pet Peeve" with skiers!!! We have one foot strapped in, we have to move about & "skate" sideways,.. it's awkward and easy to lose balance etc. ...and yet, I ALMOST NEVER BASH INTO SOMEONE ELSES SHIT IN THE LIFT LINE!!!!!!!

...F'ing skiers are basically WALKING, and somehow they can't keep their shit off my gear!!!!!!!!! They even have poles to steady themselves but they bash into me from behind in line all the F'ing time!!!! Kid's under 10-11 get a pass on this, but the GD adults????

...add this to when they keep dumping me at the top of the lift and I'm about ready to start knocking some people over!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote