Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash77 View Post
Quick question. When the "design team" reports unbiased feedback back to NS, is or will that feedback be posted on the forum? I have never owned a NS board, but I am interested in the 2014 Proto. There had to be some neg/constructive feedback to add the "harmonic dampening" (I think that's what I read it stands for). So for anybody who owns or has had a chance to ride any model Proto, what didn't you like about it?
Yup, as a member of the design team I plan on being brutally honest. Both with NS and the forum.

People need to get over this 'design team/snowboarding forum conspiracy' theory. NS approached me to test some park boards and give some feedback to improve the board and let people know what I think, which is what I plan to do. I got the product, been riding the shit out of it, and I'll give my opinion. Bottom line is I'll still be riding other brands and hyping what I like, NS or not.

The only reason it's been kept under wraps til now is because they didn't want to start hyping next years boards before dealers could sell this years shit. I actually think the initial announcement date was too early as it was, but whatever. It was all going to be unvieled at the same time, the announcement, the reviews, the feedback, and so on. Snowolf's been working diligently to orchestrate this whole thing so it would benefit the members of the forum. But now we have ass clowns trying to de-legitimize the riders and the brand by insinuating we won't be giving honest reviews. It's funny that those who are asserting this are the ones most guilty of it themselves.

I've been riding my boards here. If you want to know how I think they handle it, check out my review thread.