Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #108 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash77 View Post
Quick question. When the "design team" reports unbiased feedback back to NS, is or will that feedback be posted on the forum? I have never owned a NS board, but I am interested in the 2014 Proto. There had to be some neg/constructive feedback to add the "harmonic dampening" (I think that's what I read it stands for). So for anybody who owns or has had a chance to ride any model Proto, what didn't you like about it?
Read my Evo review. I talked about it's limits at speed even though it is not what the board was built for.

As for this ridiculous debate...

Look Ippy, everything you said is mostly perpetuated by riders on this forum that have absolutely nothing to do with the Design team. They may have been influenced by one of our reviews though. They went and bought their own NS and they are the ones hyping it.

Threads are created asking about NS and some of us reviewers go in there and answer as best we can. You keep mentioning that NS is being shoved down people's throats. So what? Why do you bring that up in a debate about the Design Team? That insinuates that you are referring to us. Otherwise, it is just customers hyping a brand they like.

If you are in fact trying to suggest one of the Design Team members is "shoving" NS down people's throats, post up some evidence. I'm not telling you to do that in a manner of "I don't believe you." I'm telling you to do that so that person/those people can tone it down.

About free gear, I've been getting free gear for over 3 years. I haven't paid for a snowboard in that amount of time. I had a K2 Turbo Dream before becoming a Design Team member. I sold it after riding the Proto. I also have a review for the TD on this forum.

I dare not say any brand makes the best boards. All I can say is that I'm thoroughly satisfied with my NS boards. And that's the truth no matter if you believe it to be biased or not.

I'll provide you with a copy and paste of an Email Vince sent to Snowolf and myself:

Quote:
We actually encourage you and the rest of the design team to test and review other brands. It makes you look unbiased
and will help keep you current on what other companies are doing and we can learn a lot from what you liked and disliked.

Please feel free to write reviews on other boards, ride everything and let people know.
By the way, why didn't anyone knock Snowolf for reviewing other products he got for free? Because those products aren't hyped? WiredSports hands him gear to review regularly. Why aren't you jumping on their backs? They even do regular giveaways here too. None of you are complaining about that.

I'm glad you guys aren't complaining about that other stuff. You shouldn't. WiredSports provides awesome information and is generous enough to give away boards. Maybe you all forgot that Never Summer is also on here doing giveaways. Maybe you all forgot that Never Summer has changed their graphics and base colors for you a number of times after you all complained.

Seriously, let's just stop this nonsense. If you don't like any of this, don't pay any attention to the reviews or NS posts. Keep on suggesting the gear that you like and nevermind what others are saying.

As for me, I'm gonna continue riding gear and reviewing them regardless of the brand or whether or not I get something for free.

And let's be real... you wouldn't turn down an opportunity like this so don't be a hypocrite.