Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Blue Mt it is.
Thread: Blue Mt it is.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGfromCanada View Post
well i've decided to take my first lesson at blue mountain this friday. still need a good jacket and maybe a pair of gloves, don't have much time on thursday so i'm thinking ill buy something in the village when i get up there. i don't think ill be speeding down the hills so i hope i wont need goggles this time.
wind is expected to be fairly strong from the south, ie blowing up the hill so a pair of sunglasses would probably do to replace googles but you probably will want something for your eyes.

If you are renting your stuff I recommend that you rent from Mountainside Sports, Mountainside Sports rather then at the hill itself, the rental area is a zoo on weekends and some weekdays, the worst horror stories are of people waiting two hours in line at the resort on family day weekend only to be told that all the rental equipment anywhere near their size is out, too bad so sad. It won't be that bad on a Friday but Mountainside is located very close to the hill, and the rental process there is quick and painless.

Gloves can be bought at Mountainside too, if you're sure your going to do snowsports and want a snowboarding jacket Fathom in collingwood or Lifted in the village will have what you want. If you're not sure you're in it for the long haul then any warm jacket will do.

Def stop by the main village to see the boardercross, should be awesome.

Have fun.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote