Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cannot find comfortable boots
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Cvc9216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
I'll post another vouch for Salomon boots. I haven't had a more comfortable pair of boots since my Vans back in the late 90's when Vans was still Vans.
that's funny, the first boots I ever bought were some vans in the 90s and they were super comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
wow can I just say I came here to open a thread `can't find boots` and saw this.

man I am in the same shoes as you I can't find one, I live in nyc, we have several local shops but none seem to carry either my size or ones they have just aren't comfy, I am lost what to do

I have been to paragon sports, rei, blades downtown, burton store, eastern mountain sports, modells (useless), sports authority (useless)

so I am lost what do I do any help?

and no I don't want to order online as for I have to try it first
that's a tough one then, buying local is always better but try to find a shop with a boot fitter so they can tweak yours if they're not perfect. My local shop offered free fitting. I ended up with boots that aren't completely ideal (I would liked to try some higher-end/stiffer Salomons), but still the best boots I've had in years. Try to find a shop that will work with you and order in sizes/models they might not have in-store. Not always a sure thing though, I've had boots that were comfortable walking around and then killed my feet while riding. Worst case you'll have to buy online and return/resell like I have done. good luck
Cvc9216 is offline   Reply With Quote