Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First snowboarding trip was kinda rough
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolulu View Post
crashes... ride straight. If there's a little kid ahead of you, or a giant metal bench... THEN you bail. If you can apply brakes, do it.. if not, just bail, being careful not to break your fall with your arms, tailbone, or skull (xD). Then cuss out the liftie for not doing his/her job to clear the ramp
I might add to this: I've noticed this year at Seymour that the lifties are very reluctant to shut down the lift when there's a pile-up getting off. My personal theory is that they were ordered not to. But my wife's boxing day injury happened because some twerp wouldn't clear the landing area for several chairs worth. So my wife and I have decided on a simple strategy: If there's a pileup and it doesn't look like there's a clear way out, just ride the chair around and kick the cutoff stick. I did it on Lodge on Sunday, and made no apologies to anyone. I am NOT going to fucking injure myself to save a few seconds of lift movement.

Every chair has (or should have) a cutoff stick. Look for it. Use it if necessary. If they give you grief, tell them that their liability releases don't protect them from lawsuit in cases of incompetence or negligence.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote